self assesment

It is a wrap guys; the semester is finally over. English comp class is one of the few English classes that I have enjoyed and did not mind attending. I will withhold the memories with me, I am grateful for all the laughs I shared and the friendships that I made in this class. The professor….ughhh loved him, as a student studying for childhood education, I aspire to be like him, I want to be able to bring smiles and welcome each and every fellow kid that I’ll teach in the future. This class helped me grow-expand in my writing and as a person. Walking in on the first day I knew hiding in the corner of the class was not going to be an option, whether I liked it or not I was going to have to talk.

Walking in it was welcoming a diversity of cultures but we were all able to bring a little and be ourselves, Professor Nivens let us speak in our second language when needed to, he wanted the real us, not some facade. This whole class helped me develop confidence as a writer. I was able to be me in my writing express my reasoning and show the audience how I thought and navigated my way through words. This course helped me way more than just bringing me confidence. It helped me develop strengths and weaknesses. Through my writing, I realized how in certain areas I had improved, for example answering a prompt freely without second guessing myself. Throughout the course, I was able to write complex and well-reasoned compositions in language, style, and structure appropriate to both purpose and audience. Other than writing for the purpose of getting an A we wrote with the intention of wanting to sell our papers to the audience. When stating a claim statistics were needed to back it up.

Throughout the course, Professor Nivens made us work in groups, had us socialize as much as possible through group projects, and switched papers with one another. Through these activities, I saw that these activities had a major impact in my writing because I was able to explore ideas while also considering multiple points of view, and revising my work with my peers. Halfway through the semester I became more confident in my words and participated as much as possible. At last, I had fun while evolving as a writer. The difference between the beginning and the end of the semester is that I don’t hide my opinions or thoughts like I used to do if I have something to say I’ll say it and stand on it even if others don’t agree with me. Yes, college is stressful and it will continue to be that way, I’ll just have to continue pushing forward. I was right about me actually liking this class, from now and then I have changed regarding my writing and I hope I continue to evolve along the way. Cheers to the end of a great semester.